Britton-Hecla School District 45-4 Training Website
Britton-Hecla School District 45-4
Is located at 759 5th Street, Britton, SD 57430 Phone: 605 448-2234 Fax: 605 448-5994.
1. We believe that the primary focus of the District is to provide a positive challenging and safe environment for every student.
2. We believe that all students will be provided with skills to compete in the world.
3. We believe that education is a cooperative effort of school, family and community.
4. We believe that we must have high expectations of students, both academically and behaviorally.
5. We believe that all students can learn and must be challenged to achieve their individual potential through a variety of academic and extra-curricular opportunities.
6. We believe that we must do our best to develop good character (virtues of honesty, responsibility, accountability, and respect toward others) and to promote their social and emotional well-being.
7. We believe that all students must learn to communicate both orally and in writing.
8. We believe that students should be expected to exercise critical thinking skills in all classes.
9. We believe in the importance of providing effective staff development.
10. We believe that technology is an important tool, which will build skills and knowledge to help all students grow and develop throughout their lives.