Online Bus Driver Training Covering First Aid
First Aid- 50.30 minutes:
Material in this online training section addresses important health and safety issues, presents school bus drivers with training on how to prevent, resolve, and respond to health and safety related events on the bus.
- First Aid Part 1 Series - Introduces First Aid, including the term definition and discusses personal liability issues related to the administering of First Aid especially with regards to the Good Samaritan Law.
First Aid Part 2 Series – This series covers serious first aid issues encountered on the bus and methods for addressing each issue explaining common protocols associated with reporting an accident. It describes how to identify symptoms of each of the following issues including prevention techniques, handling procedures, and reporting protocols. First Aid Volume Two Video Clip
- Consent and Abandonment.
- Common items found in a First Aid Kit and the utility of the items.
- Protocol and procedure for handling medical emergencies.
- Proper attitude and aspect for a driver to maintain during an emergency.
- Explains the A, B, C, D method of assessing victims and determining type and seriousness of injuries.
- How to stop bleeding.
- Splinting a fracture, head wounds, puncture wounds, and nosebleeds.
- Procedures for identifying and handling a student that is choking or is having a seizure.
- Fainting, anaphylaxis, and shock.
- Identifying and treating asthma, hyperventilation, heat-related conditions.
- Dental injuries and heat stroke.
- Importance of maintaining composure in emergency situations.
* This is also available for purchase in a DVD for schools that need to train in a classroom setting.
Return to First Aid Health.
Please feel free to contact us at SafePUPIL for a demonstration of our
online training LMS (Learning Management System) by phone 1-866-435-8087 Ext. 400 or
Fill out the form below and we will contact you and set up a good time for